When you create stages and steps for an opportunity case type, ensure that you follow these rules.
- Create all stages as Primary Stages.
- Create all steps as Optional Processes.
The case type definition for an opportunity doesn't include the steps for the various stages. Because all opportunities are unique, the Pega-provided case type definition does not force the sales representative to move from one stage or step to another. All stages and steps are intentionally set up as optional so that sales representatives can move an opportunity from any stage to any other stage.
You can view what stage a case is on and review the optional processes (recommended steps) for each stage in the crmDisplayStages case stage display section. Each step displays as a link that you can click to launch the flow rules. When you complete a process, the corresponding step in the stage is marked complete. The section rule name varies depending on the opportunity type.
- Large group opportunity – PegaHCSPM-Work-Opportunity-LG
- Small group opportunity – PegaHCSPM-Work-Opportunity-SM
- Individual opportunity – PegaHCSPM-Work-Opportunity-Ind
- Medicare opportunity – PegaHCSPM-Work-Opportunity-Ind-Medicare
- If your implementation requires the opportunity case type to advance automatically from one stage to another or to launch processes automatically, you can use the Pega Platform configuration settings on the Stages tab of the opportunity case type rule form to add Automatically launched processes. However you must replace the crmDisplayStages section with the Pega-provided pxDisplayStages section in the pyWorkSummary sections.