Being familiar with the icons that are available for the controls in your application can save you development time and bring greater consistency to the look and feel of your applications.
- Open your application skin.
- Click Actions > Launch > Skin Preview.
- In the menu on the left of the Skin Preview screen, click Icons to display the icons available in the current skin.
- Icon fonts
Use icons to add images to controls. Pega Platform includes a set of icon fonts in the py-icons CSS text file, which is in the UI Kit ruleset. Many of these fonts are used in the standard user portals and forms.
- Adding the icon font set
Pega Platform includes an icon font set that you can use to add images to a control. To make the icon fonts available, you add the py-icons text file to your application skin.
- Adding an icon to a control
Pega Platform includes an icon font set that you can add to your application's skin. You can then add icons from the system's icon font set to a control.
- Previewing and selecting predefined icons with the icon class picker
A single skin can have multiple icon fonts, including the standard icon font set provided in py-icons. To preview and select the correct icon for a control, use the icon class picker on the Properties panel for the button, link, or icon. Using predefined icons brings greater consistency to your user interface and helps users to understand the cont