- Log in as a dealer. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click New > Claim.
- Enter the Serial number and Repair order opened date.
- Optional: In the automotive layer, enter the vehicle identification number (VIN), current
odometer reading, engine hours and repair order opened date.
- Click Continue.
- Review the list of active warranties linked with the part and product, all of the provided
previous interactions, and then click Start claim.
- Click the provided warranty name to open a PDF file and analyze the detailed information
about a Warranty contract. For information about how to upload a Warranty contract, see
Uploading a Warranty contract.
- Select the Claim type and Customer narrative, and then click Continue. The system
validates required fields to identify the responding coverage, and if appropriate,
automatically reports if coverage of the claim is not valid. The system also identifies
active and responding coverages on the claim entry screen itself after entering the product
serial number or VIN.
- Enter the repair order number and check-in date, and then click Continue.
- Add the repair lines and enter any necessary details in each repair line. Note that you
can add multiple repair lines to one repair order case.
- Click Continue.
- Review the provided data and click Finish.
The system adds up all cost information for the claim and calculates the claim value based on
the applicable warranty. The system applies business rules on the claim unit and determines
the initial claim disposition.
The Warranty application can auto-adjudicate the claim and make the following
- Pay the claim as-is (the status is automatically updated to Paid)
- Pay the claim pending specific, required changes
- Deny the claim
- Return the claim to a dealer for more information
- Route the claim unit to an assessor for a manual assessment
For more information about managing a claim, see Managing a warranty claim.