When using Pega Warranty, you can upload a required warranty contract document and associate
it with a specific warranty contract to allow a dealer to download and review the binary file
with the active warranty contact information when creating a warranty claim case.
To perform this process, complete the following steps.
- Log in as a Pega Warranty system administrator by using the WarSysAdmin operator ID.
- In the Explorer panel, click Records > Technical > Binary File.
- To create a new binary file, click +Create.
- Fill in the necessary data in the appropriate fields, including Label, Add to ruleset, App
Name and File Type.
- Click Create and open.
- Upload the required warranty contract file and click Save.
- Copy the binary file path, for example:
- In the Explorer panel, click Data and search for the Document details data table.
- On the Records tab, to add a new record with the copied binary file link, click Add
After performing these steps, the system fetches the warranty contract document path from the
Document Details data table.