The analytics available in Pega® Warranty reports are integrated with your company data
repositories so you can continuously improve manufacturing and supply chain processes
and maintain a high-level of quality assurance.
Pega Warranty includes the following report types:
- Executive (informational) – Provide a snapshot of your company's performance during
the period of time that you selected. Use the executive reports to check whether you
met your goals or if the warranty cost increased beyond the threshold limit.
- Operational (analytic) – Analyze the data of the performed transactions to help you
plan for the future. For example, you can use these reports to decide when to
redeploy assets to either correct a shortcoming or highlight a success.
Both executive and operational reports include the following report subcategories:
Use Pega Warranty reports to preform the following tasks:
- Generate static charts and embed them in emails, PDFs, documents, and mobile
- Focus on reducing costs, including the overhead warranty costs that is related to
repairs and replacements.
- Identify defects in supply chains using traceability and other available tools.
- Monitor and control the inputs and parameters that affect your product quality.
- Monitor your supply chains, including numerous suppliers in the Total claim amount
by failed part number report that is available on the supplier or manufacturer
- Build predictive product lines that indicate the likelihood of various machine
failures at all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Identify and prioritize maintenance issues.
- Review up-to-date information on your automatically changing product lines so you
can monitor and adjust your processes as needed.
- Develop plans using suggested actions based on failure types.
- Analyze the key factors that contribute to machine wear and unscheduled
- Review the predictive product lining data to accurately estimate your business