The NewWork flow calls the CreateWorkCase flow if a message was not attached to an
existing work case during the search process; that flow calls an activity of the same
name, which determines if a work case should be opened and,if so, opens it. Smart
Investigate for Payments opens a new work case only if a PegaRESEARCH Manager query
based on the parsed data returns a single match that is not already linked to an
existing work case.
- TheCreateWorkCase activity first calls the PaymentSearch activity, which sets up a
temporary page and calls the TransactionSearch activity. If a single unlinked match
is not found, CreateWorkCase ends and the NewWork flow continues and routes the
message for processing.
- If a single match is located, the system attempts to open a work case, the class of
which is determined by the message line of business, the parsed work type, and the
class of the message case.
- The parsed work type is converted into the last part of a work case class name using
the map value rule ParsedWorkTypeToClassWorkType. For example, if IAM is returned by
the parsing logic, it is converted to IncAmount (for MyCoSI-Work-Pymt-IncAmount).
You must update this map value rule to add logic for finding additional work
- If the work type is not parsed or if the parsed work type causes an error during the
add process (for example, a required field is missing), then the system opens an
Unknown work type.
- Once a case is added, the audit trail records the PegaRESEARCH Manager results and
the messages attached; the message work case should be resolved.
Pega Smart Investigate for Payments