The system does not show new Digital Messaging Manager features after you update Pega Platform or Pega Customer Service.
To use the latest Digital Messaging Manager features, save your existing Digital Messaging channel after a Pega Platform or Pega Customer Service update.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- Click Save.
The system displays a warning message stating that you need to define Digital Messaging security settings
During the creation and configuration of a Digital Messaging channel in the Pega Platform application, the system displays the following warning message:
Define Digital Messaging security within the application definition. Couldn't retrieve the connection details.
- Contact Pega Support to obtain the security settings for your Digital Messaging channel, including the Manager ID and the Manager Key values for Digital Messaging Manager. You specify these settings in the application rule on the Security tab.
The Digital Messaging channel definitions disappear from the application
The system removes the configured social messaging channels from Digital Messaging Manager for the Digital Messaging channel.
This issue occurs when you either update the Public Link URL field of your Pega Platform or change the values for the Manager ID or Manager Key in the application rule, after you create a channel and configure its IVAs for Apple Messages for Business, Facebook, SMS/MMS, or WhatsApp in Digital Messaging Manager. When you update the Public Link URL field or the Digital Messaging security settings for your channel, the system automatically generates a new unique consumer ID. As a result, all of your previously configured social messaging channels in Digital Messaging Manager are no longer available.
- If you need to change the Manager ID or
Manager Key, it is important to first
deregister your messaging channels. Before updating your Digital Messaging channel configuration in the application
rule on the Security tab, ensure that you first
remove your messaging channels for the consumer ID in Digital Messaging Manager for each IVA, for example, for Facebook, or WhatsApp.
After you remove all of your messaging channels, you can safely update
the Manager ID or Manager
Key.For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
- If you have updated the Manager ID or
Manager Key before you removed your messaging
channels, contact Pega Support and request that they
remove all of your existing channels. In your service request, specify
that your Manager ID or Manager
Key was changed and you can no longer access your
messaging channels.For more information, go to Pega Support.
- Ensure that you did not modify the Public Link
URL field that is referencing your Pega Platform instance.For more information, see .
The system displays an error when you try to add messaging channels to another Digital Messaging channel
When you attempt to add messaging channels that are already defined in an existing Digital Messaging channel to another channel, the operation fails and the system displays an error message.
- Ensure that you first deregister the messaging channels, for example,
Facebook, or WhatsApp from Digital Messaging Manager for the existing
Digital Messaging channel.
- Add the messaging channels to another Digital Messaging channel.For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
The Digital Messaging service cannot communicate with Pega Platform
If your Pega Platform system was installed on premises, ensure that you specified a value in the Public Link URL field of your system settings so that the Digital Messaging service can communicate with Pega Platform.
- Define a value in the Public Link URL field for
your Pega Platform instance.For more information, see .