To immediately address a user request sent by email, you can spin off a related
business case for triage. By performing this action, you ensure that your application
automatically saves the information described in a business case, and marks it for
immediate action. As a result, the system encapsulates user requests inside a business
case life cycle, for quicker response and resolution of the reported issue.
For example, a customer service representative (CSR) can immediately save a user request for
a car insurance quote as an Insurance Quote business case.
- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in App Studio, click
- To open the Email Manager portal, in App Studio, click
Case Manager, and then click Email
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view
in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of
emails, click an email.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.
The Create case section displays a list of suggested
business cases for the triage case.
- In the Create case section, click the name of a business
case that you want to spin off for triage.
- In the Create case name section of the
Description field, enter a short description of the
triage case, to save in the business case.
- In the Label field, enter the name of the operator that
is triaging the case.
- Click Create case.