To immediately address a user request sent by email, you can spin off a related
business case for triage. By performing this action, you ensure that your application
automatically saves the information described in a business case, and marks it for
immediate action. As a result, the system encapsulates user requests inside a business
case life cycle, for quicker response and resolution of the reported issue.
For example, a customer service representative (CSR) can immediately save a user request for
a car insurance quote as an Insurance Quote business case.
Note: The system generates training data when a CSR spins off a business case by
selecting a case from the suggested case or other cases list.
What to do next: Once a customer service representative takes actions to address the issue reported
in the triage case, for example, they transfer the reported details to another operator
and reply to the user, they can mark the triage case as completed. For more information,
see Resolving triage cases.
- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in App Studio, click
- To open the Email Manager portal, in App Studio, click
Case Manager, and then click Email
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
For example: Click ET-796.
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view
in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of
emails, click an email.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.
The Create case section displays a list of suggested
business cases for the triage case.
- In the Create case section, click the name of a business
case that you want to spin off for triage.For example: Click Car insurance to create a car insurance
business case in the application.
- In the Create case name section of the
Description field, enter a short description of the
triage case, to save in the business case.
- In the Label field, enter the name of the operator that
is triaging the case.
- Click Create case.Result: A message displays, stating that a new business case has been created,
for example: New "Car Insurance" C-2723 was