- Open a portal by performing one the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in App Studio, click Case Manager.
- To open the Email Manager portal, in App Studio, click Case Manager, and then click Email Manager.
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of emails, click an email.
For example: Click ET-733.
- For an email to which you want to reply in an email thread, in the top right of
the email, select how to reply for the triage case:
When the email bot receives a new email, the system displays a green indicator next to the email at the top of the thread.
- To reply only to the user who sent the email, click Reply.
- To reply to all users for the email, click the More icon, and then click Reply all.
Result: The system displays emails in the thread in chronological order, from the most recent to the oldest.
- Optional: To carbon copy or blind carbon copy more users in the reply, in the Cc or Bcc field, add more email addresses.
- Optional: To include predefined text from a template in the reply, in the
Reply template list, select a reply template.
For example: You can select a reply template that specifies a thank you message. Result: The system displays the text for the selected reply template in the email text area.
- In the text area, enter a reply to the user's email.
- Optional: To attach files to the reply, click Attach Files, and then select a file.
- Click Send.
Result: The system sends the email and displays the email reply at the top of the list in the current email thread.
The system displays the detected sentiment of each customer email in the thread (positive, negative, or neutral) to the right of the sender email address. As a result, the system shows the sentiment pattern for the entire customer email thread for a triage case. The shown sentiment helps CSRs to respond quicker and take immediate action for the triage case. For example, when CSRs notice that an email with a negative sentiment was detected, they can immediately send a reply to the user asking for more information so that the CSR can process the request.
Note: The system generates training data when a
CSR selects a reply from the suggested reply or other replies list. What to do next: After a customer service representative takes actions to address the issue reported
in the triage case, for example, by spinning off a related business case, forwarding the
email to other users, and replying to the customer, they can mark the triage case as
completed. For more information, see Resolving triage cases.