Ensure that Pega Email Bot™ can react to emails at any time so
that user issues are quickly addressed in the application, by verifying that the email
settings for the channel always work as expected. As a result, users can interact with
the email bot to report an issue or ask for more information without any delay.
For example, when the email bot cannot receive emails, a channel administrator
can quickly troubleshoot the issue in a variety of ways by performing such actions as
restarting the email listener or minimizing throttling of the system.
- Ensure that a dedicated instance of the email account and email
listener is created in Pega Platform.
You cannot use an email account and email listener for an Email
channel if other services in the application already use the
- Ensure that the dedicated email listener completes these tasks:
- Starts and runs continuously in the application.
- Processes emails and sends autoreply messages.
- Processes an email by marking the content in its thread as
- Processes text formatting, images, and attachments in emails
correctly, including large files.
- Does not accumulate too many emails in the inbox causing
throttling and other performance issues.
Throttling occurs when the email listener drops the connection
or rejects additional connections if the number of incoming
email messages surpasses a certain threshold. For more
information, see Throttling during email processing
- If issues persist in the system, restart the email listener. For more
information, see Restarting the email listener.