Troubleshooting the Legacy Webchat channel
Ensure that Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Legacy Webchat works as expected and is accessible to users so that they can interact with your application. By making your chatbot available at all times, you ensure that your customers have access to key information and can resolve their issues more quickly.You might encounter the following issues:
A channel developer and the channel administrator troubleshoot issues reported with the chatbot.
I do not get any response from the chatbot
When I enter text in the chat window, I do not get any response from the IVA for Legacy Webchat.
- Check the mashup security settings for your application, by performing
the following steps:
- Switch to Dev Studio.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the application rule, click the Integration & security tab.
- In the Mashup security section, verify that there are no limitations on the mashup used by the chat window for your IVA.
- Click Save.
- Switch back to App Studio.
I do not know how to style the IVA for Legacy Webchat
I want to modify the user interface for the IVA that the chat window and the preview console use, to fit my organization's specific needs and requirements.
- Change the CSS styles for the chat window for the IVA for Legacy Webchat by editing the
pyWebChatCustomizaton rule.For more information, see Customizing the Legacy Webchat channel.
- Modify the default text for the action prompt that is displayed in the
preview console and the chat window for the IVA.For more information, see Changing the default text for action prompt in the IVA for Legacy Webchat.
- Edit the Legacy Webchat channel sections that
user input and responses use, and make user interface changes in the
sections.For more information, see Customizing the Legacy Webchat channel.
Previous topic Troubleshooting the Digital Messaging channel Next topic Updating an existing channel to the Digital Messaging channel