An IVA for Legacy Webchat takes advantage of similar bot capabilities that are available in the IVA for Facebook. However, you have full control over the end-to-end communication and no additional accounts or third-party installation is necessary.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Legacy Webchat.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVA.
- In the Supported languages list, select the languages in
which the chatbot interacts with users.You select the languages in which the chatbot processes user interactions so that the system can perform text analysis and provide automatic responses in the correct language. The first language in the list is the default language and acts as the fallback language for the chatbot in a case no translation is yet available in another language.
- In the channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an
existing Pega Platform operator to use as a template. The system uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.
- Embed a Legacy Webchat channel chat window on a web
page. For more information, see Embedding a chat window for the Legacy Webchat channel.