Case management features help you enhance the resolution of your cases by providing efficient, intuitive, and time-saving solutions. Key enhancements in this release of Pega Platform™ focus on creating questionnaires in App Studio and connecting case types between remote applications.
By creating questionnaires in App Studio you can meet a wide variety of business use cases with the use of low-code solutions. For example, you can ask customers of a bank to provide detailed preferences about their financial operations when they open a new bank account, or you can ask guests of a hotel to rate the service after their stay. After users complete a questionnaire, you can conveniently reuse the collected data across your application. You can help users to complete questionnaires faster by prepopulating answers for specific questions if users have already provided the required data. To simplify questionnaire creation and management, and provide a familiar experience, creating questionnaires in App Studio relies on the case type creation process, as in the following example:
Another enhancement is remote case types, which accelerate case resolution because users can process cases from multiple applications in a single context, without logging in and out numerous times during a work day. For example, you can create a VIP financial operations application that gathers cases from other applications, such as Mortgage requests, Loan requests, and Insurance offers. At run time, users can use only the VIP financial operations application to create and resolve work from multiple remote applications, and as a result, increase efficiency and process work faster.
For more efficient data management and accelerated case resolution, you can now apply data transforms in App Studio as part of a case life cycle. As a result, when users interact with a case, an application prepopulates selected data. For example, when a user provides a billing address in a shopping application, the case can use the same details as the shipping address. Similarly, you can initialize data at case creation so that users receive a case with prepopulated information when they start case processing.
Case management includes the following enhancements:
- Increase efficiency by sharing remote case types between applications (8.6)
- Call a data transform in App Studio and initialize data at case creation (8.6)
- Create questionnaires in a low-code way in App Studio (8.6)
- Deliver user-friendly questionnaires by prepopulating answers (8.6)
- Prioritize and route case work by predicting case outcomes (8.6)
- Save time and effort with automatic draft off mode for processes in case types (8.5)
- Obtain approvals from email and push notifications from App Studio (8.5)
- Determine a relevant case approver by using business logic (8.5)
- Capture initial data faster with the default Create stage (8.5)
- Configure case notifications directly in Case Designer (8.4)
- Start collaborating faster with simplified Pulse configuration (8.4)
- Generate case documents in a case life cycle (8.4)
- Track changes in cases with improved field-level auditing (8.4)
- Find cases faster with improved case tags (8.4)
- Improve case processing with enhanced business logic-based routing (8.3)
- Improve collaboration on resolving tasks with enhanced task board (8.3)
- Meet deadlines more efficiently with Pulse tasks (8.2)
- Communicate more efficiently in spaces with pin enhancements (8.2)
- Configure Augmented SLA settings in App Studio (8.2)
- Create personalized and comprehensive survey questions by reusing properties (8.2)
- Improve collaboration by using subspaces (8.2)
- Provide meaningful and relevant content with new document features (8.2)
- Visualize, track, and manage tasks from the board view (8.2)
- Improve performance by archiving inactive cases (8.1)
- Resolve cases more effectively with shared documents (8.1)
- Design cases more quickly (8.1)
- Create more effective surveys (8.1)
- Discuss specific topics with relevant users by joining spaces (8.1)
- Send important case updates to case participants (8.1)
- Personalize collaboration with private messages (8.1)
- Enforce service level agreements with automated email notifications (8.1)
- Communicate more efficiently on mobile devices (8.1)
Look for our 8.5 videos? Visit the video library to see the previous versions.
Visit www.pega.com to learn more about Pega Infinity™.
Visit What's New in Pega Platform to discover all the exciting new features in this release.