To document values that users enter during case processing, create screen
captures of user inputs, and then save the captures as PDF files. By documenting input values,
you can understand how users interact with a case and, after case resolution, analyze the
information that users provide.
For example, you can check the values that users
submit in the first stage of a case to ensure that the case reaches its resolution with the most
Result: At run time, your application takes a scree capture of the
section that you select, and then saves the capture as a PDF file in the Recent
content section of a case.
- Add the Create PDF shape to the case life cycle:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In a process in which you want to add the shape, click .
- Click Select.
- In the Step properties pane, in the Select
view list, select a view that you want to include as a PDF screen
capture.For example: To create a PDF file that contains case attachments, select Case
- In the PDF orientation section, specify the file layout.
- In the PDF name field, enter a descriptive name for the
document.For example: Enter Attachments for a job application process.
- In the Attachment category list, select an option that describes
the business classification of the screen capture.For example: To indicate that the file contains documents that a job applicant issues, select
- Optional: In the Audit note field, enter the audit note.
- Click Save.