Evaluate a Boolean logical statement that involves comparisons among values
of properties, to return true or false, by creating a When rule.
For example, you
can create a When rule to prompt a user to enter a delivery address only when the user specifies
that the delivery address varies from the address of residence.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Decision category, and then click
- On the When tab, click Create.
- In the Label field, enter a description of the When rule.
Create names of when condition records that logically follow the word when.
- Optional: To enter a when expression that evaluates whether a value is true or false, click
Show additional options, and then enter the expression.
- Optional: To enable editing the rule in the legacy mode, click Show additional
options, and then select the Use legacy authoring
mode check box.
- In the Context section, select an application to which the rule
- In the Apply to field, select a class to which the rule
- In the Add to ruleset field, select a ruleset for the
- Optional: To enable traceability of the rule, in the Current work item
section, enter the work item to associate with the rule, for example, a bug ID.
- Click Create and close.