Create multiple language versions of your application by localizing translation packages and then importing them into your application. You can upload a newly translated package by using the localization wizard, which offers a convenient way to manage language versions of your application.
.zipfile containing the translated files.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Wizards in progress list, select the work item for which you want to add a translation.
- In the Select a RuleSet list, select the ruleset to
which you want to save the translation. If you pick a non-localized ruleset, the wizard creates a new localized ruleset and version. If the ruleset already exists, the wizard imports the translations to the existing localized ruleset. If a ruleset version exists but is not in the list, the ruleset is locked.
If your language pack includes standard Pega Platform field values, import the pack to a top-level (organization) application ruleset so that it can be shared across your applications.
- Select the ruleset versions for HTML paragraphs, correspondences, and
correspondence fragments.The full ruleset version consists of three pairs of numbers that are separated by dashes, for example 01-01-01.
- Click Next.
- On the Open Wizard tab, click Choose File, and then navigate to the ZIP file that contains the translation.
- Click Next.
Result: The system imports the translation and displays an import log.
- Click Finish.
- For translations that are included in the
Translation.htmlfiles, create the rules in the localized ruleset and paste the translated text into the fields.
For example: The
TextToTranslate.xmlfile does not include correspondence rules. Each correspondence rule generates a separate
Translation.htmlfile. To localize a correspondence rule, you must create a separate correspondence rule for the target language, and add the translated text manually to the rule.