Theme Cosmos is the section-based version of the Cosmos design system, a low-code front-end system that provides a complete presentation layer with information architecture, interactions, and accessibility. Theme Cosmos represents a complete toolkit for UX development in case management applications.
After you update Pega Platform to the latest version, all new
applications that use Theme Cosmos default to the most current version
of the ruleset. Existing applications keep the previous ruleset version until you
update it manually.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the Built on applications section, click Add application.
- In the new row, enter Theme-Cosmos, and then select the latest version by pressing the Down arrow key.
- On the right side of the field with the previous version of Theme Cosmos, click the Delete icon.
- Click Save.
Skins help you style the graphic elements of your interface, such as borders and backgrounds, separately from the content. This approach ensures greater consistency, promotes reuse, and provides you with tools to make quick changes to the graphic design of your application.
- Managing Cosmos UI settings in case designer
Adjust the Cosmos-based user interface of your application to the needs of your organization. By changing Cosmos settings, you can control case-level fields and case behavior to make the interface cleaner or more informative, according to your preferences.
- CSS helper classes
CSS helper classes are snippets of code that introduce minor formatting changes to your UI. If your application has many formats of the same type, and these formats vary only slightly, using CSS helper classes can save you development time by limiting the number of customized skin formats.
- Uploading custom font files
Ensure that your user interface meets the branding requirements of your company by adding new fonts to Pega Platform. Your custom font files can comprise standard fonts or icon fonts, which you can then add to the default icon set for your application.
- Login screen customization
You can customize the appearance of the login screen and other screens that unauthenticated users access, to maintain design consistency with your company's style guidelines.