Installing Pega language packs
Make your application available to users in various locations by using Pega language packs, which provide a translated ruleset with values of fields that typically appear in every application, such as button labels or prompts.
By installing a language pack, you can reduce the workload of your translation team. When you create a language package for the translation team, you can limit the package to application-specific text only.
- Obtain a language pack. For more information, go to Pega Marketplace.
- Extract the JAR file with the translated ruleset from the
Rulesfolder in the language pack to a local folder.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Import wizard tab, select Local file.
- Browse and upload the JAR file that you extracted from the language pack.
- Click Next.
Result: The file is uploaded to the server. This process can take a few minutes.
- When the upload is completed, confirm the installation settings:
- Verify the ruleset version.
- Optional: To review the ruleset, click Show content details.
- Optional: To choose which rules to exclude from the import, select the Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control over the import process check box.
- Optional: To start an import that is quicker but does not permit rolling back changes that are introduced by the installation, select the Do not set restore point or save metadata during the import check box.
- Click Next.
- If you select advanced mode in 5.c, exclude the rules that you do not want to install by clearing the Select check box, and then click Next.
- When the installation is completed, click Done.
Previous topic Field value mapping for auto-generated controls Next topic Creating a translation package