Show extra information about the contents of each row by configuring the
master-detail settings in your table. By enabling users to access data in a row, you
help them avoid losing the current context.
The master-detail settings help you enable users to view or edit the details of a master
object (a table row). Users can navigate between the master objects and make changes to
details without leaving the page. For example, in a table that contains a list of
employees, users can display and update additional employee details after clicking a
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Section.
- In the section list, select the section that contains the target layout.
- In the Table header, click
the View properties icon.
- In the Properties window, select the
- In the Row operations section, select the
- In the Display of details list, select a way to display
row details when a user clicks a row:
- To display details in a modal window that is displayed on top of the
table, select Modal dialog. The edits are applied
when the user closes the modal window.
- To display details in an expandable detail area that is displayed below
the selected row, select Expandable rows. The edits
are applied when the user saves the changes or selects another row.
- To display details in a detail area below the table or in a designated
section, select Embedded elsewhere. The edits are
applied when the user saves the changes or selects another row.
- In the Detail flow action field, specify the flow action
that provides the form for the selected display type that appears when the user
clicks a row.
- Optional: To personalize the display of details, choose additional personalization
|Select a new format for the Modal dialog display type|
- In the Modal format list, select
- In the new field, press the Down arrow key and select the
format that you want to use
|Skip showing users the expand/collapse icon at each row level for
the Expandable rows display type||Clear the Display an expand/collapse icon per
|Change the default place for showing the details for the Embedded
elsewhere display type|
- In the Details location setting,
click In place of a section.
- In the new field, specify the section in which you want the
details to appear.
- Optional: To override the default template for the row details, select the
Override default template checkbox, and then, in the
Template name field, specify the new template
- Optional: To allow the user to view the flow action with details in the read-only mode,
select the Display details read-only checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- On the section form, click Save.