- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, hover over a process in a stage, and then click .
- In the new text field, enter a unique name that describes the task.
- In the properties panel, in the Route to list, identify the user
or team that performs the task:
- To assign the task to the user who last updated the case, select Current user.
- To assign the task to another user in your application, select Specific
user, and then configure the user parameters.
You can assign the task to a user by user name, a user by user reference, the reporting manager of the user who last updated the case, or a case participant.
- To assign the task to a team that shares a work queue, select Work queue, and then select a team.
- To automatically assign the task to a user with the appropriate availability,
skill set, or workload, select Use business logic, and then click
the Configure business logic icon.
For more information about configuring business-based routing, see Assigning users automatically at run time.
- Optional: In the Set case status field, set the status that the system
assigns to the case when this process step starts:
- To use an existing status, press the Down arrow key, and then select the status.
- To create a new status, enter a unique name for the status.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the task, in the Instructions for user field, enter a description.
- Click Save.