Collecting digital signatures in a case
Enhance your business transactions with relevant information by electronically signing, reviewing, and sharing documents. When you integrate your case types with DocuSign, you can collect digital signatures for your case attachments, and as a result, automate the review process for documents and resolve cases more quickly.When you collect digital signatures, you avoid producing and exchanging printed documents, which might take longer. For example, in a hiring process, a hiring manager might digitally sign a decision to approve a job candidate.
- Add the Send via DocuSign shape to the life cycle of your case:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the process in which you want to add the Send via DocuSign smart shape, click .
- Click Select.
- In the Step properties pane, in the
Envelope field, enter the envelope that you want to use.A DocuSign envelope stores information that is necessary to make a successful signature request to DocuSign.
- Optional: To provide more information about this step for auditing purposes, in the Audit note field, enter the information that you want to leave.
- Optional: To allow users to navigate to this step from the bread crumb navigation at run time,
select the Enable navigation link check box, and then specify
- Optional: To allow users to navigate to the step only after this step is complete, select the Only allow navigating back to this step check box.
- Optional: To enable post-processing or validation when users navigate back from the step, select the Perform post-processing when navigating away from step check box.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Creating contextual cases Next topic Finding duplicate cases