Pega Customer Decision Hub can capture information about retention or acquisition-related negotiations conducted by your customer service representatives (CSRs) with the help of Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor. Information about deals is stored in the database and can be accessed for reporting purposes, for example, to measure the agents' KPIs.
Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor allows next-best-action recommendations to be displayed to customer service agents working in Pega Customer Service or a third-party customer service tool. Agents can use Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor to view the recommended offer, assess the customer's needs, and negotiate the pricing. The Negotiation capability of Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor gives the agents the necessary flexibility to define personalized pricing for the customer, while also taking into account the budget defined by the organization.
To support the agents in negotiating the most value for your organization, you can build KPI reports based on the outcomes of these negotiations captured by the CaptureNegotiationOutcome service.
Understanding how negotiation outcomes are captured by Pega Customer Decision Hub
The outcome capture process consists of the following stages:
- The customer accepts, declines, or postpones the negotiated deal.
- Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor sends POST requests to the CaptureResponse and CaptureNegotiationOutcome REST services available in Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- Pega Customer Decision Hub records information about the interaction and the
negotiation process in the following database tables:
- The CaptureResponse service stores interaction details such as the ID of the actions presented to the customer, and the customer's response in the pr_data_ih_fact Interaction History database table.
- The CaptureNegotiationOutcome service stores details about the negotiation process, such as the ID of the agent who conducted the negotiation, and how much of the allowed budget the agent used to retain or acquire the customer. This information is stored in the pegadata.cdh_data_negotiation_outcome database table. Additionally, the pegadata.cdh_negotiation_ih_join table associates the negotiation details with the interaction recorded by the CaptureResponse service.
Accessing negotiation outcome data for KPI reporting
You can define many varied reports based on the negotiation outcome data stored in the pegadata.cdh_data_negotiation_outcome database table. For example, you can measure the rate at which agents manage to retain customers by monitoring deal outcomes, or make sure that they are prioritizing the deals that bring the most value by comparing the amount of discount offered to the maximum negotiation budget.
You can export negotiation outcome data out of Pega Customer Decision Hub and into an external Business intelligence reporting tool by following the same process as for Interaction History reports. For more information, see Accessing Interaction History data for external reports.