A key element of Outbound Campaigns is the audience, which is the set of individuals the user plans to target with their marketing message. Audience selection in Outbound Campaigns utilizes the Segment rule, which can be used by the marketer to hone in on their desired audience.
When configuring an Outbound Campaign, the marketer can review their existing Segments (along with pertinent details) right from the Outbound Campaign canvas. The marketer can also create a new Segment and reference it in the Outbound Campaign.
The Audience card in the Outbound Campaign canvas displays the currently selected Segment and its details. Initially, this card is empty.
Marketers can click anywhere in the card to launch the Configure Audience dialog.
This dialog presents the twenty most recently updated Segments in the system. The View more results link at the bottom of the list enables users to load the next twenty Segments. Users can also utilize the search box to search for Segments by name or description. The Refresh link refreshes the list of Segments, retaining any search criteria that was previously entered.
Each Segment is represented by a card in the list.
This card contains the following details about the Segment:
- Segment name. Users can click the name to open the Segment rule.
- Segment description
- When the Segment’s population was last refreshed
- Number of customers in the Segment
- Percentage of the total population represented by the Segment
- When the Segment was last edited
- Image associated with the Segment (if any)
If the desired audience is not represented by an existing Segment, users can also choose to create a new Segment via the Create link. After the Segment has been created, the user can use the Refresh link to reload the list of Segments. The user’s new Segment should now show at the top of the list since it was most recently edited.
Clicking a Segment card selects the Segment. The right pane in the Configure Audience modal displays further details about the selected Segment. This includes the following common information for all Segment types:
- Segment image
- Friendly name - Click to open the Segment rule.
- When the Segment rule was last edited
- Number of Campaigns (both multi-channel and outbound) that are using this Segment as their audience
The following information is only shown for criteria Segments:
- Number of Segments that the selected Segment references
- List of criteria utilized by the Segment
The following information is only shown for list Segments:
- Name of the last imported customer file
- Date and time when this file was imported
- Name of the user who imported this file
To complete the selection process, click the Add button to denote the selected Segment as the Outbound Campaign audience. The Audience card is updated to reflect the selected Segment. This card shows pertinent details about the Segment. This provides the user with a comprehensive summary of the selected Segment. The user can still open the referenced Segment by clicking the name link.
The Delete link in the bottom right corner of the Audience card (in edit mode) allows the user to remove the selected Segment. The user can then select a different Segment using the process outlined above.