This engagement type allows marketers to expose the results of a marketing Campaign to real-time channels such as web and mobile. Refer to the Real-Time Containers chapter for more details on creating and triggering Containers.
The following configuration options are available for this engagement type:
- Listen for container requests from/to – Specify the start and, if
desired, end date and time values during which the Campaign will be valid for the specified
Container. If a Container request is
made outside of the specified time frame, this Campaign will not be considered for
execution. Multiple Campaigns can
reference a single Container as long
as the active listening dates do not overlap.
Users should use the Add containers link to associate Real-Time Containers with this Campaign. Clicking this link launches the Configure Engagement modal window which lists available Real-Time Container rules in the system. For more information about using this window, see the Using a Configuration Modal Window appendix.
A sample list entry for a Real-Time Container rule is shown below.
This view includes the following information about the Real-Time Container rule:
- Friendly name / label
- When the Container was last updated
Selecting this Container displays further information about it in the details panel.
This view displays the following information about the Container:
- Friendly name - Clicking the name opens the Real-Time Container rule.
- Whether the Container is active, i.e. available to respond to requests
- Impression capture setting for the Container
- Click-through behavior setting for the Container
- List of Campaigns that utilize this Container. Clicking the name opens the Campaign.
Clicking Add Container in the modal adds the selected Container to the list of Containers associated with the Campaign.
Users can continue to add more Containers to the Campaign following the process prescribed above. Clicking the delete icon next to a Container removes it from the Campaign.
The Configuring a Fallback Strategy section below provides details on using a fallback Strategy with Real-Time Containers.